“Stopping advertising to save money is like stopping your watch to save time.” – Henry FordCONSISTENCY
During this time of COVID-19, many businesses/advertisers may have questions about how to approach their own advertising efforts, and whether or not to advertise at all. Here is some research from the VAB and Spectrum Cable regarding media consumption and advertising during this time:
1. TV is a Lifeline
TV has become the centerpiece of the household, with 8 out of 10 people saying they couldn’t imagine not having a television right now…
2. News, News & More News
Almost 50% of viewers have at least one TV always set to a news channel…
3. Advertising Impact
Brands should not worry about a negative perception with advertising in COVID-19 news coverage or programming…
1. Source: VAB, As Time Goes By: How Media Consumption Is Helping America Cope, Apr 2020 / Lucid ‘Media Usage In The Time of COVID-19 Survey,’ April 2020. Survey base: P18+ & household subscribes to cable, telco, internet TV or satellite TV (n=1,004). Q7: Thinking of your behavior since the start of COVID-19, please indicate below how much you agree or disagree with the following statements & Q9: Thinking of your behavior during the COVID-19 Pandemic, please indicate below how much you agree or disagree with the following statements.
2. Source: VAB, As Time Goes By: How Media Consumption Is Helping America Cope, Apr 2020 / Lucid ‘Media Usage In The Time of COVID-19 Survey,’ April 2020. Survey base: P18+ & household subscribes to cable, telco, internet TV or satellite TV (n=1,004). Q6: Thinking of your behavior during the COVID-19 Pandemic, please indicate below how much you agree or disagree with the following statements, top 2 box (agree completely or agree somewhat).
3. Source: VAB, As Time Goes By: How Media Consumption Is Helping America Cope, Apr 2020 / Lucid ‘Media Usage In The Time of COVID-19 Survey,’ April 2020. Survey base: P18+ & household subscribes to cable, telco, internet TV or satellite TV (n=1,004). Q16: In general, do you feel it’s appropriate for companies to advertise in COVID-19 related news programming? & Q17: Would you boycott a company because it advertised in COVID-19 related programming?. Graphs: Q14: Some companies have created specific COVID-19 related advertising messages (e.g. Guinness, Ford, Burger King, Verizon). How do these types of advertisements typically impact your perception of a brand? & Q15: Some companies are lending resources (e.g. Comcast donating free internet, Ford, 3M and GE Healthcare making healthcare equipment), or helping local communities during the crisis (Miller Lite starts ‘virtual tip jar’ to support out-of-work bartenders). How does this affect your likelihood to purchase a product or service from this company?
1. DO be authentic
2. DO revisit your creative often
3. DO look closely at segmentation to inform new strategies and messaging
4. DO assess the media channels where your customers are spending their time
5. DO choose the premium options — which have more credibility with consumers
6. DON’T assume your audience is consuming content the same way they always have
7. DON’T blindly restrict your ad placements
8. DON’T share anything insensitive or that could induce panic
Be sure to click here and link to the full blog post: https://theblog.adobe.com/the-dos-and-donts-of-advertising-during-covid-19/
Advertising agency Clark Marketing Solutions earned two 2018 Communicator Awards of Distinction from the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts, for jingle production and original music production. The agency’s award entry was an original jingle and music bed produced for their client Lake Elsinore Ford.
This is the eighth Communicator Award that Clark Marketing Solutions has earned since 2011, including awards earned for audio production, jingle production, and video production/use of graphics. Previous wins included awards for jingles developed on behalf of Nelson Honda in El Monte, CA, and Diamond Valley Honda in Hemet, CA. With entries received from across the US and around the world, the Communicator Awards is the largest and most competitive awards program honoring creative excellence for communications professionals.
“It’s great to have our agency’s commitment to top-level creative recognized this way,” said Neal Clark, owner and operator of Clark Marketing Solutions. “We’re honored to have earned these awards, especially considering the distinguished and accomplished panel of judges reviewing all the entries.”
The Communicator Awards are judged and overseen by the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA), a 600+ member organization of leading professionals from various disciplines. Current AIVA membership represents a “Who’s Who” of acclaimed media, advertising, and marketing firms including: PureMatter, Condè Nast, Disney, Republica, Sesame Workshop, MTV, Starbucks, Time Inc., Tribal DDB, Yahoo!, and many others.
Clark Marketing Solutions is an award-winning, full-service advertising agency based in San Diego County, CA. The agency offers the service and attention of a boutique shop combined with the experience, talent, and savvy of a large national firm. Clark Marketing Solutions is an A+ rated member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB).